I’m A senior creative with a passion for all design. Specialising in branding, art direction and UI/UX.
With a design and illustrative foundation, extensive print design knowledge, I’ve also work within the digital arena.
I’m not afraid to be a full ‘hands-on’ creative or work as part of a team.
Working for Jack morton, BBC, Ben & Jerrys, Kraft, mastercard and the Brit awards, I have the experience and confidence to take on a wide variety of creative projects.
Oh… And I also like to dabble in a bit of leatherwork…
Colouring in Ltd – Senior Freelance Creative (2005 – present)
The hub to all my creative services:
- Full creative design services, visualisation, graphic design and Art direction.
- Digital design including UI and UX, wire framing, WordPress/Squarespace/CMS websites through to programmer direction.
- Pitching and presenting print and digital creative to clients.
- Working with creative teams and for Creative directors.
- Job and account management.
Code Circus – Creative Director (2012 – 2014)
A digital development, systems and strategy company, Code Circus brought me on board to incorporate full creative services into their portfolio of client services already on offer:
• Working with a fully integrated digital team of developers, programmers and systems specialists
• Extensive UI and UX experience through micro-sites to large data driven website
• Pitching creative print and digital services to current and new clients
• Studio workflow and account management
CUT Communications – Creative Consultant (2005 – 2012)
Heading up creative in a new communications marketing company, pushing design across our client base and expanding the CUT brand:
• Overseeing all projects from concept to completion – including print and digital, identity, literature, exhibition and signage design, advertising and TV
• Working closely with the PR and media teams implementing marketing material and PR strategies
• Pitching to existing clients and new business prospects
• Managing suppliers, creative teams and freelance contracts
• Studio workflow and account management
Big Group – Senior Designer (1999 – 2005)
Working as an integral figure in the creative team working with the other communications departments:
• Briefing colleagues, design, art direction and copywriting
• Developing digital campaigns directly in line with creative, generating viral marketing and websites on a breadth of digital briefs
• Producing PR promotions and working on event productions, designing event literature and collateral
• Responsible for overlooking creative solutions, appointing and working with external agencies
Blueberry Design – Junior | Senior Designer (1993-99)
I started my design career at Blueberry Design from the bottom up. Joining a team of just seven which grew to over a hundred.
• Gaining experience throughout the design industry developing my skills in illustration, design and typography
• Being responsible for a creative briefs through from concept, creative visualisation to finished artwork production
• Working in a tight growing team, I gained experience
I have also worked on an extensive selection of freelance commissions for a variety of clients including Eric Clapton – involving a live graffiti billboard and William Hunt – filming fashion shows, as well as self motivated projects, including Ex:trakt – refurbishing Victorian dentist chairs, Colouring in Ltd – vinyl toy company and Baldwin Leather – hand crafted leather goods.
• Creative and Art direction
• Project management
• Brand Strategy and development
• A full print knowledge and understanding
• UI & UX, digital planning and design
• Viral marketing and Social Media
• Managing and budgeting external suppliers
• Client and supplier liaison
• Adobe Creative Suite 6+, Acrobat
• Web-based CMS tools, WordPress, Squarespace and a creative front-end knowledge of Flash, CSS, HTML and Web 2.0 techniques
• Apple systems – maintenance
Ocean Media – The Boat & Caravan Show, The Outdoors Leisure, Show, Event Production Show, CFA/CPD, Sony Playstation, BBC, Channel 4, Maiden, Caroline Swift, COLT, Preferential Insurance, City Equities, Simon Rumley, HiBrow, George Kavanagh, Hush Heath Estate – Richard Balfour Lynn, Amplifier, Kraft, MasterCard, The Brit Awards, MOBO, Cadbury, DfES, ExCeL London, Extreme Sports, Mentorn, Risk Analysis, Top Marques Monaco, Ben & Jerrys, Design Council, BSM, Firehouse, Rhubarb.
Norwich School of Art – BA Hons Graphic design (1990-93)
Kingston Polytechnic – Art Foundation Course (1989-90)
Richmond Upon Thames Collage – A levels (1987-89)
49a Linden Gardens
London W4 2EH
m: +44(0)7802 401 380